Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More Summertime Favorites

Last time I looked at the outdoor thermometer, it was 95 degrees outside (35C).  That's hot.  With that being said, my son and I spent the majority of the day inside.

So, I cooked.  I made Zucchini Bread with the leftover shredded zucchini that I had in the freezer.  My son and I had a little sampling of it and it is yummy!  It is lower in fat as compared to the chocolate version I made in July and uses applesauce for a portion of the oil.  It also calls for crushed pineapple, which adds a nice tropical flavor.  It did make two loaves, but I'm not sure how long this bread will last in my household.

To go with the bread, I made Southwest-Style Stuffed Peppers.  I can't share the recipe with you, but I can tell you where to find it if you are interested; Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook.  Don't let the diet in the title fool you, it is really good as are most of the recipes I've made from this book.

So even though it was hot outside, we stayed nice and cool inside.

My joy for today is in cooking and partaking of the fruits of my labor!  :-)

HDP