Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Forming a Plan


Ever since I created my little sun room nook, I've been spending a lot more time gazing out the window into the backyard.  

We have quite a few trees behind our home and therefore don't get much sun.  While it is very nice for privacy, not a lot will grow back there.  Well, that is, with the exception of ivy, which tends to grow everywhere including up the trunks of the trees.


 So, I told my dear husband over the past weekend, that once the weather gets cool enough, I'd like to clear out the weeds and prepare the area for some fall or spring time planting.  

With all this in mind, I got out a few of the books I have on hand and casually glanced through them getting some ideas. 

I'm thinking a rhododendron would work back there, maybe an hydrangea,
definitely an hosta plant........or two.......or three.  And, if I can find something that will grow in the shade, that repels mosquito's, I'm going to be all over that as well.  


Joy for the day is in late summer day dreaming.  

If my plan comes to fruition, I'll let you know.  

HDP