Thursday, August 19, 2010

Puffy Pink Cotton Candy Tiramisu

I know, I know, it sounds like another recipe, but it is not!

I started working on a soft puffy pink Tiramisu blanket today.  I needed a little break from my MM#2 afghan project and I thought this would be a nice diversion from my crochet octagons, squares, and triangles.  

 I made one earlier in the year for a lady in my MOPS group (Mothers of Preschoolers) in white and bright apple green.  I named it Cherry Blossom Tiramisu as it reminded me of the weeping cherry tree in our yard that blooms in the spring. I didn't do the frilly border on this particular blanket as she had a boy and I thought that made it a bit too "girly". 

The body of this one will be the puffy pink and I think I'll edge it in white or a coordinating shade of darker pink.  I had the yarn on hand (I often purchase yarn when it goes on sale and set it aside for times like this).  The free pattern, which you can find here, moves fairly quickly.  It's a very soothing and repetitive pattern.  I'll post a picture once I've made some good progress.

So, I'm off to put on some nice relaxing music, get a cup of hot decaf tea, put my feet up, and enjoy a relaxing bit of time in the nook.


Joy in Joy.


HDP