Friday, October 22, 2010

29 Stitches...


I needed a little break from my afghan today and I also needed a couple of dish cloths.  So, with this thought in mind, I started digging through our downstairs hall closet looking for some cotton yarn.  One of the instantly gratifying things in crochet is having yarn on hand to make what you want to make!

So I whipped up a couple of dish cloths......I'm calling it 29 Stitches......the number of stitches in the 1st row and throughout.  It's a simple pattern for a very utilitarian item.  But it was fun to make.  So without further adieu, I give you....

29 Stitches

100% Cotton yarn - worsted weight (estimating 1.5 oz; I just used what I had on hand)
Size "H" hook

ch 30
  1. sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 2, turn.  (29 stitches)
  2. sc in 1st sc, *sk 1 sc, (dc and sc) in next sc, repeat from * across, ch 2, turn. 
  3. sc in 1st sc, *sk next dc, (dc and sc) in next sc, repeat from * across, ch 2, turn.  
  4. Repeat row 3 until desired length.  (Mine measures 8 1/2 inches.)
Border
  1. sc evenly around cloth, (3 sc) in each corner, sl st to beg sc, ch 1, do not turn work. 
  2. rev sc evenly around cloth, sl st to beg rev sc, fasten off.  
  3. Weave in ends. 


Joy in creativity!



HDP