Yesterday, I got to a point on my Fair Isle project to update the lady for whom I'm making the blanket. I wanted to be sure she was happy with the direction I was going.....
Originally, we had decided on this pattern, but as I started to make it, I really wasn't happy with the way the design within the blanket was forming. The yarn I'm using has a very definite stitch definition and the long double crochet "X" that you make was looking really "hokey". I think that pattern would look good in a more "fuzzy" yarn or perhaps a sport weight.
So I headed to another fair isle style pattern that I've made before. It's called Fireside Cheer (pictured below)...
If you remember, the colors we chose for this project were turquoise, mauve/pink and an aran. I started the blanket using the turquoise as the main color, as this is the recipients favorite color. I'm using the aran and mauve as the accents.
I sent her an e-mail last night to show her my progress. I also wanted to see if she would like the aran as the master color instead of the blue. I felt I was at a good point, and had enough time, to start over and do the pattern with the color switches. She replied to my e-mail not to change a thing. So, with that being said, I'm moving forward!
I hope this will be something the receiver will like and enjoy using. This blanket will evolve as the additional bands are formed, the ends woven into the fabric, and a pretty border crocheted all around it.
Joy in a day full of crochet! :-)