...where a walk through the neighborhood is a delight to the body, mind and soul......
And upon return, walking through the door to the aroma of soup, chili, or stew is a warm embrace saying, "welcome home"...
This morning I made Taco Soup. This is one of those recipes that has been around for a long time and most people have some version of it. I don't know where it originated, but my recipe below is the one that was passed around my office when I was working. It is very tasty and hearty. I'm hoping it will be ready for lunch! I've got the crock pot on "high".
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 large onions diced
- 1 qt canned diced tomatoes*
- 1 can great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 package dry taco seasoning
- 1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (I used generic)
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 2 C water*
- Chop onion (I used my food processor - so much easier!)
- Brown beef/turkey w/onion until fully cooked (drain grease)
- Combine remaining ingredients in large pot (or crock pot)
- Cook until hot and boiling (in crock pot 4 hrs on high or 8 hours on low)
- Let simmer approximately 30 minutes (cook top only; add additional water if necessary)
*Note: I can't find the 32 oz cans of diced tomatoes any longer so I added a 28 oz can and a 14.5 oz can and reduced the amount of water to 1 cup.
Weight Watcher Points: 1.5 C = 3 points
Wishing you a beautiful Fall day! Can you believe Monday starts November?!?