I just finished up my Turning Leaves Scarf and got the pattern all written up...
I named the scarf for the way the colors in the yarn turn just as an autumn leaf changes colors. The Turning Leaves Scarf is a wide scarf with an eyelet effect running up each side of the scarf.
The stitch, called Herringbone double crochet, shows up nicely on both sides making it reversible.
Below are my instructions for the...
Turning Leaves Scarf
by Heather Prusia
· 3 skeins of Lion Brand Amazing in Wildflowers; medium weight (1.75 oz/147 yds/50g)
· J/10 - 6.00 mm crochet hook
· Blunt-End Needle for Weaving in Ends
Finished Size: 9 inches x 56 inches
Gauge: 4 inches = 12 sts x 8 rows
Skill Level: Easy
Special Stitches Used:
· Herringbone double crochet (HBdc) - yo, insert hook into next st, yo, pull through st and 1st lp on hook, yo, pull through next lp on hook, yo, pull through last two lps on hook; one st complete.
· Below is a link for a video tutorial of the Herringbone double crochet stitch that you may find helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeMEe7nRS5w
Notes: Chain 3 at beginning of row counts as a Herringbone double crochet and is noted as such in the stitch count.
Row 1 - HBdc in 4th ch from hook (3 skipped chains counts as a HBdc) and in each rem ch across, turn (26 HBdc).
Row 2 - ch 3 (counts as a HBdc), sk 1st st, HBdc in next st and in each rem st across, ending with a HBdc in tch sp, turn (26 HBdc).
Repeat Row 2 to desired length, do not fasten off, turn.
Last Row - ch 1 (does not count as a st), sl st in 1st st and in each rem st across, ending with a sl st in tch sp (26 sl sts).
· Weave in loose ends
ch........ chain stitch
ch-....... refers to chain or space previously made (i.e. ch-1 space)
ch sp... chain space
dc....... double crochet
HBdc....Herringbone double crochet
RS....... right side
sc........ single crochet
sl st..... slip stitch
WS...... wrong side
|Copyright © 2010-2012 Heather Prusia / Heather's Crochet - All Rights Reserved