Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scarf in the works


I've got a new scarf in the works, it will be a couple of days before I am able to complete it.  Once I do, I'll get some daylight pictures.  

I'm using Lion Brand's Amazing self striping yarn in the color "Wildflowers".  

Another project I have on my list of things to do, is to steam up those pumpkins for some good fresh pumpkin for pies and breads.  I've done it before and have blogged about it HERE.  I got the "sugar pumpkins" or some people call them "pie pumpkins" at one of the farms we went to last week.  They were 4 for $6, kind of high, but I didn't mind too much as it is supporting a local farmer and I haven't seen the small pumpkins in the grocery stores yet.

I love fall, something about the cooler weather and shorter days just make me want to "fluff" my nest.


He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.
 - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - 

HDP