Sunday, August 1, 2010

Introspective Morning

We woke up to a cool morning today and I'm so thankful.  The heat we've been experiencing lately, has really been taking a toll on me.  It is supposed to get up to 89 later today, but this mornings' cool temperatures are a welcome surprise.

I'm not one to wish away time, but I am really looking forward to fall with it's crisp air, the colorful leaves on the trees, and the bright yellow school buses driving down our street.  It's a time for hot soups and chilis, homemade bread baking, and casseroles in the oven that send their soothing aromas wafting through the house.  Fall is a time for color, bright orange pumpkins, earthy plaid-clothed scarecrows, and yellow gold corn stalks.  Fall is a feast for the senses. 

I can see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. 

Joy for the day is in knowing, while the summer temperatures will continue for the next month or so, cooler weather and my favorite time of year, are just around the corner. 

HDP