Friday, August 20, 2010

Morning Walk

This past week, our humidity has been down and my son and I have resumed our morning walk/bike ride.  It's a time to clear my thoughts of chores and household responsibilities.  A time to breathe in fresh clean air and get a little exercise.  Sometimes I take my camera with me and sometimes I don't, today I did, and so did my son...

There is a little bit of summer color left, but the dry humid season has depleted the life out of most flowering plants, shrubs and trees.  My petunias have a few blooms left.......


and, on our walk, I found a few flowers on a Rose of Sharon shrub..........


lastly, around the post of a mailbox, I found a couple Morning Glories.


The landscape in my neighborhood is clearly calling for cooler temperatures and rain.

I found my scarecrow in the garage, but I think I might be pushing the season if I get him out right now.

After our walk, I decided my inpatients had lived their lifetime expectancy and pulled them out of the ground.  In a few weeks, I'll put a pretty potted mum by Rachael along with a pumpkin or two.  I also decided that some of my iris bulbs were growing too close together, so I separated a few and planted them in another location.  They probably won't bloom next spring, but you never know...

Joy for today is in a beautiful morning walk and a little gardening to boot.

HDP