Saturday, August 28, 2010

It was a Crochet Day...

...well, afternoon anyway.


Yesterday was another beautiful day in my neighborhood.  We had a light breeze blowing, sunny skies and low humidity.  My son and I took advantage of it and spent the afternoon outdoors.

For the majority of the time, I was able to relax and crochet while my son played.  He loves to dig holes in the ground with his child-size trowel and show me his hard work.  I don't mind, and just steer him away from my perennials.

I was able to complete seven triangles for my Moorish Mosaic.  I'm very excited about that, and hope to have the rest of them complete by the end of the weekend.  I was also able to play around a little with an idea I have for an afghan design.  It's still in it's infancy stages.  I have the idea in my head, it's getting it transferred to yarn and then respectively onto paper that is the harder part.  But, I'm working on it and having fun!

We usually head into the house in the afternoon around 3ish so I can fix dinner.  But, I had purchased a London Broil on sale at Krogers that morning, so we grilled out that and I fixed a salad.  With that in mind, we were able to stay out longer and enjoy more time outside.

Joy is a peaceful, easygoing afternoon!

HDP