Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Afternoon Hike


This afternoon, my little family, headed to a local wooded park for a nature hike.  The weather is hot, but the humidity is down a bit and many of the paths are shaded.  With this in mind, it seemed like a great way to spend the afternoon. 


We haven't had a lot of rain lately, so the water levels in the creek were quite low.  It was still nice to get out and stretch my legs and enjoy the pretty summer day.  In spite of the low water levels, or perhaps because of them, my husband was able to catch a baby crayfish.  My son was a little fearful of the tiny creature, but fascinated just the same. 


I was able to enjoy some of the prettier sights, such as this lovely orange and gold flower.  Many of the wildflowers have died off for the season, so I felt quite lucky to find this beauty. 


All in all, a successful hiking journey.

Joy for today is in spending quality time with my family and enjoying the beauty in nature all around me. 

HDP