Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Everything Has A Time

Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34 (NKJV)

 

I was reading in my daily devotions this morning and the subject was on peacefully waiting on the Lord.  As I was meditating on the scripture, and what the writer had to say, I looked out the window.  What I saw amazed me.  

 

My husband and I have lived in our home for a little more than five years.  A lot of the plantings around the house, were here when we moved in.  The particular hostas above has never bloomed in that time.  As I gazed out the bay window, the strong straight shoot of the bloom caught my attention, and it struck me with how it tied into today's reading.

 

You would think this type of hostas would bloom each summer, but it has not.  It's taken five years to spring forth the beauty it's held inside all along. Often times, we think God works on our timetable; nothing could be further from the truth.  God works in His time, in His way, and it is always perfect.

 

I've done a lot of waiting through the years for different things.  One thing I know, God is faithful and His mercy endures forever.  

 

HDP

 

Everything Has Its Time
To everything there is a season, 
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, 
And a time to die;
A time to plant,

And a time to pluck what is planted;

A time to kill,

And a time to heal;

A time to break down,

And a time to build up;

A time to weep,

And a time to laugh;

A time to mourn,

And a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones,

And a time to gather stones;

A time to embrace,

And a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to gain,

And a time to lose;

A time to keep,

And a time to throw away;

A time to tear,

And a time to sew;

A time to keep silence,

And a time to speak;

A time to love,

And a time to hate;

A time of war,

And a time of peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8