Monday, August 30, 2010

The Home Front


It's all about the home front today. 

It's been a busy day so far.  My dear son woke up a bit early this morning, so my routine is a little out of shape.  But, I'm rounding it out now, as the morning draws to a close.

The house always needs a good straightening after the weekend.  The laundry seems to pile up pretty high over those few days as well. 

Days like these are the times I like to put my crock pot and bread machine to use.  I'll be putting a beef stew in the crock pot around lunch time.  I like to use the McCormick Slow Cooker seasoning packet.  You just put all your ingredients in the crock pot, mix the packet with water, pour the mixture over everything, and give it a good stir.  I cook mine on low for 4 hours, but my crock pot tends to run hot.  The stew has wonderful flavor and produces a nice rich gravy as it cooks.  Around the same time, I'll put ingredients in the bread machine for a crusty loaf of bread to go along with the stew. 

Joy in a productive morning and looking forward to a delicious, but easy-to-make dinner. 

HDP