Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fresh Baked Bread...

Today I'm making Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread in the bread machine.
I received this recipe from Marilyn, a friend I met on one of my crochet forums.  It's a great recipe filled with wholesome goodness.  The bread has a wonderful nutty flavor that goes great with soups and stews.  I'm making it to go along with my Beef Stew that I wrote about back in August and make on a regular basis.

I've posted the recipe for the bread below.  If you have a bread machine, and enjoy a nice hardy loaf of fresh baked bread, this recipe is for you.  Don't let the flax seed and sunflowers daunt you, both are readily available at WalMart or any local grocer.


Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread

yield 1 - 1 1/2 pound loaf

INGREDIENTS
1 1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/3 cups whole wheat bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

DIRECTIONS
1.Place all ingredients (except sunflower seeds) in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
2.Select basic white cycle; press start.
3.Add the sunflower seeds when the alert sounds during the knead cycle.

Joy in a cool day where nothing tastes better than a hot meal for dinner!

HDP