Saturday, September 25, 2010

Apple Pie

As if things haven't been busy enough, I decided to bake an apple pie.......
 

While my mom was here, we visited Rouster's Orchard, which is about a 30 minute drive from where I live.  It's a family owned farm and their apples are really, really good. 

So in keeping with my Fall mindset, I made apple crisp the other night; it's all gone.  And today, I decided to make an apple pie.  I used the recipe from Joy of Cooking for my apple filling and the traditional Crisco Recipe for my crust.  I used the Deep Dish Double Pie Crust recipe as the pan I used is a little larger than most. 


Now, I'm no "Martha Stewart", but I think it turned out pretty good for a gal whose pies usually fall around the Thanksgiving holiday in the pumpkin variety. 


I've never quite learned how to make it look pretty.  Maybe I need to make a few more......you know the old saying, "practice makes perfect." 

Joy in cooking! 

HDP