Friday, September 24, 2010

A Good-bye Tear...

My mom was here from out of town for a few days to help celebrate my son's birthday.  We crammed all sorts of fun stuff into our days together.

Monday was the zoo...


Tuesday we enjoyed a little shopping...
Wednesday we went to a pumpkin farm, apple farm, and McDonald's play land for lunch... 


And, Wednesday evening was the birthday boy's celebration.  


Thursday was subdued after the festivities earlier in the week.  We took a neighborhood walk while my son rode his bike and spent some quiet time doing things around the house. 

Then it was time for good-byes.

In the car, after we'd dropped off my mom, my son said, "I miss Grandma already" and he quietly shed a tear.  Once we got home I gave him a big hug and held him for a while.  I gave him a kiss and told him we'd see her again soon.  Later, he was playing with his new Buzz Lightyear toy and his hero came home from work.  All is well in the world.

It's always hard to say good-bye, but knowing you'll be reunited again lightens the sadness.

HDP