Friday, September 17, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Barbeque pulled pork sandwiches! 

This is one of my husband's favorite crock pot meals and it's so simple and absolutely delicious.  I plan on making cole slaw to go along with the sandwiches. 


The recipe can be found on the back of the McCormick BBQ Pulled Pork seasoning packet and I've written it out below as well:

Ingredients:
3 lb boneless pork shoulder roast
1 Pkt McCormick Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork seasoning packet
1/2 Cup ketchup
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/3 Cup cider vinegar
  • Spray crock pot with cooking spray
  • Place roast in crock pot
  • Mix together seasoning packet, ketchup, brown sugar and cider vinegar.  
  • Pour mixture over roast
  • Place lid on crock and don't disturb for at least 4 hours.  

My crock pot cooks really hot, so I usually put it on low for 4 hours.  Once it's cooked, you just shred the pork and give it a good stir. 

Happy Friday everyone.  Hope you enjoy a great weekend!

HDP