Thursday, July 8, 2010

"I'm an Air Conditioned Gypsy"

We are having our heat pump/air conditioner replaced today.  Don't ask me why we picked the middle of summer to have this done.....Not a good idea, and duly noted for future reference. 

Our workers arrived around 8 a.m. this morning and have been busy all day removing the old unit and laying the foundation, for the new one.  Since I was going to be home all day with the workers, I thought it would be a great idea to clean the house.  What was I thinking?  Our house slowly crept from a comfortable 72 degrees to a stifling 83 degrees; and, I might add, the temperature is continuing to rise.  Another note to self:   Do not clean the house in the middle of the summer when you are having the air conditioner replaced; especially if you are a 40 something year old woman with hot flashes that could heat a room themselves.  Where's the little icon with the tongue sticking out when you need it.

At the time I'm writing this, we still have no A/C.  But I am hopeful, that tonight, I will be sleeping in a nice, cool blowing, man-made breeze.  As the Who wrote, in the lyrics from Goin' Mobile, "I'm an air conditioned gypsy".  And truly, I am.

Joy for the day is knowing, at some point, the air conditioner is going to be working and it will be a cool haven in my home once again.