Thursday, July 15, 2010

Colorful Update

Color is everywhere, it's all around us, and it's an inspiration.  Bright vibrant colors can lift your spirits, while soothing monotones can cause you to exhale and relax.  A blue room may make you feel cold; even though there is no variation in temperature.  I remember reading somewhere, that the color orange can make you hungry and increase your appetite.  Color leads bees to flowers, can pique our interest, and catch our eye's attention.

The photo above shows my progress on the Summer Garden Baby Blanket in which I wrote about last week.  My progress has been slow and at one point halted as I needed to purchase a different white cotton.  I switched to Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton and am much happier with the softness and feel of the squares. Don't you love the colors?  They are so happy and cheerful.  This is a fun project and I think if I were dedicating 100% of my crochet time to this, I'd have it complete in a matter of a few weeks.  But, since I'm multitasking, it won't be finished quite so quickly. 

My joy for today is the colors around me and more specifically, the colors in this project.  Take a moment to stop what you are doing, look around you, and answer the question, "What colors are in your rainbow?"  Have a colorful and joyful day!