Friday, January 7, 2011

A Square A Day and a Little Update...

I started working on my scrap afghan.  I decided to use my new Blushing Bride Square instead of a traditional granny square motif.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be working with my Vanna's Choice yarn scraps.  My squares measure 6" with the aran weight yarn and a "K" hook.  I love playing with the different colors and making the pretty flowers.  This is a great winter project that offers a lot of color during this monochrome time of year. 


My Eugene Throw is just about at the half-way point.  I haven't worked on this for a few days and am looking forward to getting back to it this afternoon.  I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  It's going to be a very warm blanket as each row of the cables has a row of single crochet behind it.  In addition, I think it will look nice on the foot of my bed or on the wing back chair in my bedroom. 


Dear son and I have had a good week following our long Christmas break.  It feels good to get back into our routine and the daily flow of things. 

We got a dusting of snow last night and big white flakes are drifting down now as I type this note.  Not sure how much accumulation we are supposed to get, but it is pretty. 

The weekend should be nice and quiet; I'm looking forward to it. 

Wishing each of you the type of weekend you desire.

Joy in the day.

HDP