Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Little Organization on New Year's Day

My leftover odds and ends yarn stash has gotten out of control...


Every time I went digging through it looking for this yarn, or that yarn, it got worse; more messy.  It got to the point that as I'd open the closet door, bags of tangled yarn would fall out.  

Hmmmm, not the best way to store or keep my beloved hobby supplies. 

So, when I saw THIS post by Debi Y. at Hooks, Yarns, Crafts and Gardening,  I went ahead and ordered a large yarn winder knowing it was the answer to my dilemma!  

Friday and yesterday, I spent some time untangling yards of yarn, winding them into precise yarn cakes, and labeling their brand.  


I still have more to do, but I think I've made some headway.

The yarn, on the left of the picture, is my Vanna's Choice leftovers and scraps.  I'm setting that aside for an old fashioned granny afghan once I complete my current project.......that's the plan for now anyway!

Joy in winding (yarn that is).  :-)

HDP