Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This is Really Good...


With the snow and cold temperatures today, I wanted to serve my family something hot and comforting for dinner. 

Since the holidays, I haven't really felt like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.  So, with that in mind, I started to think of some of our favorites, that don't take a lot of time to prepare. 

First thing this morning, I loaded up the bread machine with the ingredients for French Bread (recipe below) and set out the ingredients for Baked Ziti.  This is a meatless main dish that tastes good and is filling.   




The French Bread couldn't be easier.....

I have a Panasonic (SD-YD250) Automatic Bread Maker, that I bought about two years ago.  This is my third bread maker and by far, my favorite.  My other two died; one from old age, and the other "walked" off the counter during knead mode.  This model loads the dry ingredients first and you don't have to worry about the temperature of the water.  So if you do try this recipe, keep that in mind, as all bread makers are different.

French Bread
Courtesy Panasonic Bread Bakery Operating Instructions and Recipes
(pg 27)

3C Bread Flour (14.75 oz)
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Butter
10 1/2 fluid oz. Water
1 teaspoon Dry Yeast

Press French Bread Button

:-)

You'll have hot delicious French Bread in about 6 hours...

Joy in a hot yummy dinner coming out of the oven!

HDP