Sunday, January 23, 2011

Eugene est Fini!

(sorry, sometimes my high school French kicks in)...

Eugene is finished!


Yahoo!  

It was a race against time...

I knew if I wanted to get pictures today, it would have to be before the sun set...


I was frantically weaving in ends as I saw the sun going down on the street behind us...

I think I caught the last bit of daylight left in the day...


This is the Eugene Throw that I started about a month ago.  It is a beautifully written pattern.  It does take a bit of concentration as only the odd rows are ever the same throughout.  But it was worth it.  It is so soft and cuddly, I just love it!  


 I used an "N" hook with I Love This Yarn.  I had purchased the yarn more than a year ago when Crafts, Etc. was still around and they would have great sales on yarn. (It might have been longer ago than that...I'm sure some of you crocheters remember the great sales Crafts, Etc. would have.)




 As I mentioned in my original post, this is a blanket I made for dear husband and myself...

Most of the things I make I give away as gifts...

I'm glad I decided to keep this one...

Joy in a completed project...that I get to keep...for me!

HDP