Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Pot Pie With Leftovers

Turkey, turkey, and more turkey.....what's a woman to do?

My sister-in-law had a great idea to make a pot pie with some of the Thanksgiving leftovers.  So, I thought I'd give it a try.  This recipe certainly isn't low fat since I'm using the leftover gravy, but it will put a lot of the leftovers in my fridge to good use. 


Turkey Pot Pie With Leftovers

9" pie plate coated with cooking spray
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Leftover turkey cubed
Leftover vegetables (such as green beans, carrots, peas, and corn)
Leftover gravy*
Salt & Pepper to taste
9" pie crust (I made Crisco's pie crust recipe)
  1. Mix first four ingredients together and pour into prepared pie plate
  2. Place the crust over the top and turn the ends under into the pie plate
  3. Crimp crust and cut slits in the top of the crust
  4. Bake 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes (or until crust is browned and contents are hot and bubbly) 
 *Note:  If you don't have enough gravy leftover, you could easily thicken up a little chicken stock.  My "pie" could have used a little extra sauce and I'll do this next time.

Since I was mixing together the pie crust, and I had an extra can of pumpkin in the cupboard, I figured I'd throw together a pumpkin pie.  All our pie was gone and how can you have turkey leftovers without a slice of pumpkin pie!  :-)


Joy in leftovers!

HDP