Friday, November 5, 2010

The Potter

But now, O Lord,
You are our Father,
We are the clay, and You our potter,
And all we are the work of Your hand.
Isaiah 64:8 (NKJV)
Things are starting to get busy, more busy than I personally like.  The holidays are fast approaching and while it is a season to celebrate and enjoy time with family and friends it can also be stressful and hectic.

I tend to be a routine person.  I like the ebb and flow of the predictable "tide" of my days.  I get up at the same time each day and do the same things each day.  I like it that way.  Lately though, different "pebbles" have been thrown in my path that take away from my routine and throw off my predictable schedule. 

I've been praying for God to help me be the person He wants me to be.  I can't do the things He wants me to do in my own strength.  It's only when I give up myself, my wants, that He can work His will in my life. 

I've been feeling a lot like clay lately....not really sure which direction I'm being shaped, but I can feel the work that is being done.  It's not comfortable, but I have faith that it is all for good and His glory down the road.  He is the Perfect Potter and although my pot may never be perfectly formed, I know He is working in my life......and that's all that really matters.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

HDP