Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Gift...

A friend I used to work with recently turned 50.  I don't get to see her as often as I used to as our lives have taken us in different directions.  We exchange e-mails to stay up to date and finally arranged to get together last night for dinner at The Olive Garden.  I love their salad and bread sticks (yum)!  But, I digress.....

With her recent birthday in mind, I wanted to give her a little something to celebrate the occasion.  So, I made her this hat and scarf set.

I wasn't sure the color of her coat, but she has black hair and I thought this color blue would compliment her nicely.

The pattern is from Lisa Naskrent's book (2008) Hats, Scarves & Mittens for the Family.  The pattern is called "Snow Crest" and is very pretty and feminine.  It's a repeat pattern and the items work up fairly quickly. 


With the cold snap that just arrived in our area, it won't be long before she can put these to use!

Joy in the making and in the giving.

HDP