Friday, November 19, 2010

Fireside Cheerful Complete

There is a chill in the air and the skies are overcast and gray......


But, no matter the temperature outside, the warmth and coziness of a blanket can always be close by.....


This is my Fireside Cheer or "Cheerful" as I like to call it.  The colors are bright and cheerful and favorites of the person for whom this was made.

The pattern is Fireside Cheer designed by Anne Halliday, one of my very favorite designers, and can be found in Afghans For All Seasons  page 106.


This particular blanket is headed to upstate NY to a lady that used to babysit my sister and me as infants.  I hope it will bring her lots of warmth and happiness through the cold north country winter.


This was a large project.  I'm happy to have completed it.  I just need to give it a wash on gentle with a little Woolite and get it packaged to ship to it's destination.

Joy in completion.

HDP