Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just a Little Update...

On the crochet front....

The body of my Fireside Cheer afghan is close to completion; I have the last two fair isle panels remaining.  Once the body is complete, I have a gazillion ends to weave in and then on to the border...

I finished the scarf that is part of the hat and scarf set I'm working on and started the hat last night.  The scarf is really pretty in the steel blue color.  I'll posts some pictures once the hat is complete.

Haven't picked up the doily I'm working on in a couple of days.  Trying to finish up the hat and scarf set.

On the homeschooling front...

Today we are introducing the letter "P" into our word families.  We'll be learning how to sound out "pit", "pen", "pet", "pin" along with "sip" and "tip".  We'll be making the letter "P" with popcorn.  :-)  In math, we are talking about the number "9".  A lot of the math seems to be review for my little guy so far.  Hopefully, we'll get into a little more meat soon.

Next week we are going on a "field trip" with our homeschool group.  We are going to tour a VERY large grocery store that carries items from around the world and then we are going to be making gingerbread houses once the tour is complete.  Should be a fun afternoon.  

Joy in progress.....on all fronts!

HDP