Thursday, October 28, 2010

Warm Glow of the Fireplace...

This afternoon was the perfect opportunity to use our new gas fireplace logs. 

We have a wood burning fireplace, but the flue has never vented properly.  We've had "the experts" out trying to fix the problem to no avail.  So, we finally "bit the bullet" so to speak and had gas logs installed this summer.  Our thought on timing was perhaps it would be a little less expensive in the summer vs. waiting until everyone was getting their fireplaces ready for winter.  Not sure if it saved us anything, but it's been nice to have the gas logs available to use now that we've had some cooler weather. 

When I went to bed last night, I knew I wanted to be able to enjoy a little down time today.  So, I planned accordingly, getting most of my chores and responsibilities squeezed in by early afternoon.  By 2:00 p.m., I was sitting in my crochet chair with my feet propped up on my footstool working on my latest afghan project.  I had Michael W. Smith softly playing on the CD player and my son entertained himself with writing and drawing......peace.

It was a very pleasant way to spend a little snippet of time this afternoon.  Crocheting in front of the warming glow of the hearth. 

Joy in quiet moments.   

HDP