Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning...

Monday has rolled her way around again.....

I was up with the birds this morning and have accomplished quite a bit for this early morn.  First load of laundry folded and the next load is in the dryer.  I have our dinner casserole all made and chilling in the fridge.  And, most importantly, I've spent some quite time with the Lord before the busyness of the day takes over. 

Today, I made one of my Mom's casseroles for dinner.  I don't know where she obtained the recipe, I imagine she snipped it out of a magazine many years ago.  I like to serve it with rice.  I'll either make dinner rolls or a salad to go with it also depending on how the day progresses.

Mom's Chicken Casserole

  • 2   Whole Chicken Breasts cooked and coarsely diced (I used 4 lrg chicken thighs)
  • 2   10.5 oz cans of cream of mushroom (or celery) soup
  • 2   4 oz cans whole mushrooms (drained)
  • 2   6 oz cans whole water chestnuts (drained)
  • 1   12 oz pkg frozen peas
  • 1   Cup slivered almonds (I've never used these in the casserole)
  • 2   Cups crushed potato chips (I usually sprinkle with bread crumbs or I'll use Panko in place of the chips)

  1. Mix all ingredients (except potato chips) together and pour into casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray
  2. Bake at 350 for 30 min., give casserole a good stir, add topping of your choosing and cook for another 30 minutes for a total of 1 hour.  Serves approx. 8 people.

Joy in the quite productivity of the early morn.

HDP