Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First Daybook Entry...




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...the sun is shinning in this early afternoon and there is a soft breeze blowing through the windows.  

I am thankful for...my little family and especially my husband who works hard to provide for us.  

From the learning rooms...we are in the "it" and "in" reading/phonics family and learning about more than and fewer than in math.  Traffic safety and police awareness are also topics for the week.  

From the kitchen...easy dinner tonight of chicken salads and dinner rolls.  

I am reading...The Heart of Home Schooling by Christopher Klicka, The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child by Linda Dobson, and Meet The Bible a daily devotional walk through the bible by Philip Yancey and Brenda Quinn.  

I am hoping...for "Indian Summer" to pass and looking forward to the cool weather associated with fall.

I am hearing..."Hi-5" sing songs for my son and the birds chirping outside my window.

Around the house...feeling like I'm getting into a good groove with the things that need to get done now that I'm homeschooling.

One of my favorite things...pie ala mode.  :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week...Hope to have a quiet week this week.


 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.  
Psalm 19:1
(From Our Daily Bread today's verse)

HDP