Saturday, October 2, 2010

On the Horizon...

...a new project!


I had a nice lady contact me recently about making an afghan or blanket for her mother for Christmas.  After many e-mails about patterns and yarn colors, we have finalized a decision.  I'll be making this beautiful afghan pictured above.  The pattern is from Mosaic Magic Afghans Made Easy by Lily M. Chin; one of my favorite afghan designers I might add!   

The colors we chose are very feminine and pretty.  The mother's favorite color is turquoise and we decided to pair it with mauve, using aran, a soft white, as an accent color.  It's a winning combination and I hope both the giver and receiver will be thrilled with the blanket.






I always enjoy the planning stages of a project.  Getting out the calculator, figuring out how much yarn will be needed in each color, finding a good buy on the yarn, and looking for coupons.  It's all part of the fun.  In this case, I was excited to see that Michael's is having a Family and Friends Sale and has a coupon out for 20% off your entire purchase; good through today.  Yipee!

My current project is about two weeks from completion and then I hope to get started on this.  My goal is to have the fair isle completed by the end of November so I can ship it to the giver in plenty of time for Christmas.

Joy in the planning!

HDP