Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Month, New Project...


Can you believe it's the first of November?  The outdoor thermometer says it's 60 degrees out and the sun is shinning brightly, but the house feels cold.  So I decided to light the fire, have a cup of green tea, and relax for a spell with my latest project. 

When I made the fisherman-style afghan this summer, my sister saw it and fell in love with it.  She said she would like one "some day."  Joann's was having a sale on yarn a few weeks ago (30% off) and I found an on-line coupon for free shipping, so I took advantage of the good buy alignment and bought the yarn for this project.  I decided to go with Wool-Ease again.  I really like working with this yarn and I think the fisherman color has a pretty tint to it. 

I'm using a different pattern this time around though, it's in a booklet I got last year (I think it was a Christmas gift from hubby).  It's called Aran Afghans to Crochet.  It's a Leisure Arts booklet with five designs by Bonnie Barker. 

It's too early to really see any progress, but I'll keep you posted as the afghan grows.

Happy stitching and happy first of the month!

HDP


P.S.  In the blink of an eye, we'll be roasting our turkeys, whipping our potatoes and giving thanks at the Thanksgiving table...
hard to believe.

:-)