Friday, November 25, 2011

On the Other Side of Halfway


Well, I'm on the other side of halfway on my sister's Christmas afghan.  I've been working on it here and there over the Thanksgiving holiday.  It felt good to sit down this evening with hook and yarn.

I love all the texture in the blanket...


Between the worsted weight yarn and the bit of wool mixed in with the acrylic, this is sure to be warm and toasty.  Perfect to wrap up in on a cold January night.

I was hoping to have this done by the end of the month, but I think I'll fall short of that goal by at least a week.  One nice thing is that with all the same color of yarn, there aren't too many ends to weave in.


I'm off to start on the next series of cables. 

Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving afterglow. 

We've got a fire going, the Christmas tree lights on and A Christmas Story in the DVD player. 

Nice cozy Friday night.

Cheers!

HDP