Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Planning


I've started planning my Thanksgiving Day menu.  
Early this morning, I was digging through my stack of favorite recipes, looking for just the right ones.  

I usually get out a manila folder and write the menu on the front of the folder and put the recipes I'm going to use in the folder.  It helps me stay organized.  

I make my pies and quick bread the day before as a prelude to the big event.  I usually put on some festive Christmas music and get an early start.  And while the pies are baking, I'll throw together the cheese ball.  I can tell you my dishwasher gets a workout on pre-turkey day.  

:-)

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu
Ole Tom Turkey
Mom's Pecan Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans w/Almonds
Cranberry Sauce
Salad (I haven't decided on this yet)

Dessert
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Toll house pie

Appetizers
Shrimp tray
Cheese ball & Crackers

I'm looking forward to all the festivities.  My sister and her family will be over for dinner.  Then we'll relax in the family room with desserts and a game (or two or three) of Catch Phrase.  I imagine the boys will run around like wild critters and have a blast.  

:-)

What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

HDP