Monday, August 13, 2012

Blanket Preview and Saturday at the Zoo


Saturday was a gorgeous day here in Cincinnati!  

With our annual membership to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden in hand, we headed out for a family adventure.

I am a kid a heart and I absolutely love going to the zoo, museums, and exploring our local parks.  The zoo was crowded, but it was such a pretty day, I didn't mind.

When we first got there, the Lemur zoo keepers were educating the crowd on the (below) Madagascar native.  The little one was anxious to move on and see the big animals though; so we did.


One of my favorites is the big burly polar bear.  He was walking around his area showing off his thick white coat for the visitors...


The lions weren't active and were sleeping in their habitat...


There are "paw prints" stamped in the concrete throughout the park and dear son enjoyed stalking his own tiger...


We rode the train that takes you around a large pond.  I'm not sure what the swans are doing here, but their necks are certainly limber...


It was a fun day.  
We'll go back in the fall and hopefully the autumn flowers will be in bloom.

- - -

As promised, here is a preview of the blanket I'm working on...  


I still need to mix up the colors a bit.  I have 17 squares left to make and I'll add those to the width.  I'll get some pictures outside once it's complete.  

Hopefully, I'll have it done soon as I have a new project I'm anxious to get started on!

Toodles for now.

Happy Monday!

HDP