Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Have Stash Will Crochet


A couple days before Christmas, I was itching to start on a project.  I didn't want anything difficult and I wanted to use some of the stash I have in my "yarn closet".  

So I searched for something that would use up a good quantity of yarn and be warm.  This double stranded crochet blanket seemed to fit the bill.  

I used both of these patterns for inspirations; Lumberjack Throw by Michelle at Inspired Crochet Design and the Country Flannel Afghan from Dutch Hollow Acres.  A lot of people have made Michele's Lumberjack Throw and she has a link on her pattern page to all the pretty ones that have been made.


It would probably look better with a solid vs. a variegated.  I may have enough to do a blue and cream one if I feel like making another one later.  I was curious to see how it would look in the variegated though.  The yarn has a rustic look, so I thought I'd do a more rustic seam.

   
I decided to do a single crochet join (on the right side) using one strand of each color.  I thought is would be something different anyway.

Hubby got me a new camera for Christmas, I've been having fun playing with the different settings.  


I'm looking forward to sharing more photos and crochet with you in the coming year.

I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.  

By the way, we are getting snow!

Heather