Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fresh Pumpkin


I steamed up the four pie pumpkins I had purchased fresh; they made 6.5 cups.  That's enough for two pies, the two loafs of bread above, and a bit to spare.  

:-)

What I didn't use today, is now in the freezer for future fall goodies.  

I found the PUMPKIN BREAD recipe online and it had good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try.  The aroma of the bread has made the whole house smell like fall!

One of the loaves will likely be gone tonight.  Dear husband loves quick breads and we'll have it with our chicken salads for dinner.  I may have to hide the other loaf as I want to have it with the Tortilla Soup I plan to make on Friday.

So thankful for the little things that make life joyful.


"We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts."

- Dietrich Bonhoeffer - 



HDP