Monday, October 1, 2012

Another Aran Afghan


At the starting point anyway...

I wanted to make an afghan for my father-in-law and his wife for Christmas.  But, I also wanted to be sure they liked it.  So had my husband give them a call to see what color would work best with their decor.  They preferred gold or rose,and I selected the latter to work with.

I'm going to be using Wool-Ease in Dark Rose Heather.  It isn't as dark as it's showing up in the photo; we are having an overcast day here in Cincy.

The pattern I chose to do is the one on the front cover of the booklet.  Isn't it pretty?  It has an interesting stitch pattern in it called Celtic Weave that looks like a lot of fun.  

I'm hoping to get started on this later today or tomorrow.  

Looking forward to a fun and challenging new project to start out the Christmas crochet!

Hope you are having a great day!
Heather


HDP