Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Irish Rose Pictures to Come

Hi everyone, hope those of you who were confronted with Hurricane Sandy are safe on the other side of the storm.

We had really high winds overnight and we have a scant covering of snow on the ground.  It's cold and the furnace is going strong.  I think I read that by Thursday the bad weather is supposed to pass and we'll see a glimpse of the sun.

I'm busy working on my Irish Rose afghan and am currently working on the celtic cables section.  I found them to be a bit tricky at first, but am feeling more comfortable with the stitch pattern now.  

Bonnie Barker, who is the designer of this pattern, and a lot of other fisherman-style crochet items, has a really nice web site with aran stitch TUTORIALS.

Here's a LINK to her site.  She is a home school mom and has two books and various FREE PATTERNS on Red Hearts website.  Certainly an inspiring person! 

I'll have some updated photos of my Irish Rose in the next couple of days.

Happy Crocheting...


HDP