Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday at Home


I was up and about early this morning trying to get things done so that I'd have some time later this afternoon to work on the Fisherman Basketweave.  I'm on the final repeat section and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The sun is shining brightly, but it's a cold frosty day.  Hubby is feeling a little under the weather, so I thought I'd bake some BANANA BREAD...


and make some TORTILLA SOUP in the crock pot for dinner this evening...


Nothing tastes better than soup when you aren't feeling well.  I used some leftover Thanksgiving turkey I had in the freezer in place of the chicken.

Did you notice my Christmas cactus in the bread picture?  I got that at Kroger the other day; $7.99 didn't seem like too much to spend in order to bring a little color indoors this time of year. 

And, it brings a smile to my face when I look at it. 

:-)


Hope your week is rounding out well.

Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.

 - Mother Teresa -

HDP