Friday, December 16, 2011

Introducing Shetland Tweed...


I started working on a new project this week.  It is one of two that I hope to submit to the Vanna's Choice Contest.  We'll have to see how time plays out over the Christmas holiday.  

These colors are newer to the VC line and I really like them.  


I haven't worked with black a lot, but I thought it would give the "pop" I needed with the softer brown and cream tones.  They have the natural look of undyed wool without the high cost; and so much softer!  

:-)

I'm making one of my very favorite patterns, Fireside Cheer from Afghans for all Season.  


I wanted something different and eye catching.  It's very masculine looking and I think it would look nice on a black leather sofa or recliner.  

I'm hoping to have enough time to complete this and one that is more colorful.  I have a pattern in mind, but haven't committed with the yarn purchase yet.

Hope your Friday is shaping up nicely and that you have a warm weekend.  It's in the 30's here, but no snow predicted.  I have a feeling the snow is going to be scant this winter...

Take care!

HDP