Monday, December 26, 2011

Sneak Peek...


I thought I'd pop into blogland and say "Hi".  I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.  We had a nice holiday weekend and wrapped it up with a get together with my sister and her family yesterday afternoon.  Too much food was eaten and too much sugar consumed by the little ones, but we all had fun making memories together.

I've been working on my Shetland Tweed afghan when I can.  I'm just short of the halfway point...


I know I've said this before, but this is one of my favorite patterns.  It's just a lot of fun to make and believe it or not it moves very quickly.  

I would classify it as mosaic crochet giving the look of fair isle...


I have modified the pattern in that I use long double crochets instead of the double crochets in front or behind the stitches.  If you do it this way, you'll have the pattern on both sides of the blanket and you'd be hard pressed to tell which is the wrong side.


Hubby is off work this week, so things should be relaxing; and I'm hoping to get in plenty of crochet!

Enjoy the last week of 2011...

It won't be long and we'll be saying, "Happy New Year!"

HDP