Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting in the Mood for Christmas


Today kicked-off the start of the holiday baking.  I made my world famous Peanut Butter Fudge and a new cookie recipe.  

I've been making the fudge recipe for more than 10 years and it turns out great every time.  I follow the instructions exactly as written and it's always been super creamy and delicious.  

The cookies (recipe found HERE) have wonderful flavor, but mine were flat as a pancake.  I have no idea what I did wrong, but you can see mine don't look anything like the ones she has pictured on her website.  I might need to replace my baking power.  I know hubby will gobble them up though.  He'll sit down in front of the TV this evening with a glass of milk and devour at least a dozen.  

:-)

This afternoon, I put on some Christmas music and dear son and I made wreath bead ornaments.  They now adorn our tree.  


We've been getting lots of goodies in the mail.  My door is filling up with beautiful Christmas cards and we received a festive goodie package from one of my aunts chock-full of holiday favorites.  


Butter cookies, assorted mixed nuts, peanut brittle, candy canes, a beautiful card, and a sweet book for the little one.  

Dear son and I ate most of the butter cookies yesterday while we watched White Christmas.  They just don't make movies like that anymore.  

I think Rosemary Clooney is absolutely stunning in this movie.  I love the scene where she is singing at the Carousel Club in her black figure hugging gown and long white gloves; gorgeous!


Hope your Christmas week is full of activities that make you happy.

Blessings.

HDP