Monday, February 4, 2013

V-Stitch Stash Buster Complete!


I finished up the V-Stitch blanket.


That makes 3 stash busters complete for 2013 (so far).

My favorite part about the pattern is the border, which I think shows off the v-stitch nicely.


The pattern is called Winter Warm-Up and is from the book Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts.  I used Homespun yarn (from my stash) to complete the project.  


I had originally intended to give this blanket as a gift, but I'm not 100% happy with my results, so this will likely be donated to Good Will. 

In hindsight, there are a couple of things I would have done differently.  

I went down a hook size based on the yarn manufacturer's recommendations, but didn't add any repeats to my foundation chain.  This made the body of the blanket too skinny.  I thought I might be able to widen it with a few rounds of border, but then thought that would look strange.  

It was either frog it and start over or finish it and donate it.  I decided to finish it and donate it.  Hopefully someone will enjoy it for a few dollars from a local charity shop, or re-purpose the yarn for themselves.  

It was a good quick project and kept my hands busy as I've been recuperating from my knee injury.  Which, by the way, still continues to improve.  I hope to get back on the treadmill next week.

Happy Monday and I hope your week is off to a great start!
Heather