Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Flowers and a Birthday


It's been a busy week and it' only Wednesday.

Hubby celebrated his birthday yesterday.  

At his request, I made his birthday dinner this past Saturday.  I picked up some rib eye steaks and made asparagus casserole and baked potatoes.  For dessert, he always requests chocolate cake with chocolate icing.  

Then, yesterday (on his actual birthday), I did spaghetti sauce and meatballs in the crock pot and made a Low Fat Cheesecake for dessert.  I've made this cheesecake numerous times and it always comes out good.  I didn't want a real NY-style cheesecake hanging around the house tempting me.  

:-)

Hubby brought me these pretty flowers Monday, a touch of spring with the snow in the background.


I said to my son this morning, as I was changing the water in the vase, "Wasn't it thoughtful of Daddy to bring me flowers?"  

Dear son says, "Yes, but I know what gift you like best..." and he gave me a big hug.  

:-)

Hope your week is going well.

Heather