Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Yarn and an Update


The yarn I ordered recently arrived!  
Isn't it gorgeous?  
OK, I have a confession to make.
I have never, ever ordered from Knit Picks before; but I believe:

"Louie, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Casablanca (1942)

This yarn looks so scrumptious to work with, I can't wait!  

I felt like I deserved a little reward for the stash busting I've been doing.  
Which is why, I believe, fellow crocheters and knitters will always have yarn on hand for the next project.

:-)

But first, before moving on...


An update on my V-Stitch Blanket.  

One thing about Homespun is they certainly know how to blend the colors beautifully.  I'm really enjoying working on this blanket...

Well, it's a love-hate thing...

I pick up the yarn and ooo, ahhh, it's so soft!  Then I start crocheting and the hook gets stuck, grrrrrrr.  

But, it's moving along fairly quickly.


I've got about two more skeins to add to the body, then I'll start working on the pretty border.

How are your works-in-progress coming along?

By the way, I want to thank everyone for their nice comments and concern on my knee.  It seems to be getting better every day.  Each evening, after dinner, I plop down on the sofa to elevate my leg and I've been alternating ice and the heating pad.  I've been keeping it wrapped during the day.  I'm finally able to go up the stairs normally again, but still have to do a little step-step jig going down.

Happy Hump Day!
Heather