Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stash Busting Again...


Project No. 3.

I was looking through some of my older crochet books and I found this blanket.  

I made this many moons ago for my mother, it's called  called Winter White Warm-Up from Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts.  

I made my mom's in a Mediterranean colorway with greens and oranges.  

I remembered I had some homespun in my stash and decided to dig it out.  


This color is called Sierra and has pretty golds, pinks, browns and olive greens throughout.  Homespun has a nice soft luxurious feel to it, but I think it is really difficult to work with.  This project with V-stitches is perfect for this curly yarn.


I haven't gotten too far on it, but with the simple stitch pattern, it moves pretty quickly.  
I just started this today.


If it turns out nicely, I plan on giving it to a nice lady at my church who is expecting.  Not as a baby blanket, but as a Mommy Blanket for her to snuggle under.

If you have the book, check it out; the border on this blanket is really pretty.

On another note, I twisted my knee about two weeks ago.  I've been reluctant to go to the doctor as I figure they will tell me what I already know to do:  rest it, elevate it, ice it and take ibuprofen   But two weeks have passed and it's still bothering me, so I think a trip to the doctor is in order.

I need to make my rounds in "blog land" and see what everyone is up to.

Take care,
Heather