Monday, August 22, 2011

Building My Log Cabin...


 This afternoon I was able to grab a little "me" time and sit out on the deck "building" my log cabin afghan.  

Things have been busy in my household.  I've been trying to get the "homestead" ready for fall and the long winter months that will be here before we know it.  I guess you could say I've been fluffing the nest.  

But, "log" by "log", my "cabin" is coming along.  I do think this has been one of the slowest projects I've ever worked on though.  I'll blame it on the summer heat and the fact that each entire square is done in all single crochet.  

 
:-)

Once I get the ends woven in on my current square, I'll just have six left to complete.  

(Yippie!).  

Now, if I could get a square in each day, I'd be stitching this together next week.  We'll have to see how my days go.  It's a good goal anyway!  

Happy Monday and I hope you are making time for a little crochet today (or whatever hobby brings a smile to your face).

HDP